Sunday, March 21, 2010

Brushes, falsies, and a dress

I'm so excited for Spring fashion. Everywhere I go I see embellishments on every shirt, dress and cardigan. I think it's the new Spring trend. I love how a simple flower can dress up a boring t-shirt or a black zipper can harden the look of an outfit. Headbands with flowers or studs can really add some zing to your hairstyle. Accessorizing truly is the key to what we see as fashion. Simply amazing. I know it's late to finally make that connection! Better late than never I guess!

I was at my local Target yesterday and guess what I found?! They are selling ELF products now. I saw some once or twice during the holidays but now they have a whole new section just for it. In my last post, I was wondering about people's fave go to makeup brushes and I had a lot of recommendation to try ELF brushes because I would have nothing to lose. So I bought the complexion brush from the ELF studio line and a pair of false eyelashes!

This is my very first pair of falsies. I forgot to buy the glue to go with it so I can't wear it yet. The glue that came with the lashes smells SO bad... i can't even describe how bad it is. It's like a bunch of expired chemicals in one watery tube. Yuck! :( 

 The complexion brush is really soft! I was looking for an eyeshadow brush but most of their stuff was sold out already. I guess I'll look for it again the next time I scour Target like a madwoman :) I tried using the brush for loose foundation... it's way too soft to even get anything on your face. I guess it's really for setting the powder once you're done with foundation? I can now see what Ramblings of a Number Nerd meant when it doesn't pick up enough product. Eh, can't complain. It will be useful :) Will be continuously looking for good brushes :)

Also picked up a cute dress!

 Looking @ the dress now makes me think of dairy cows!! Oh no... will this make me look like a cow? LOL And I don't mean by fat this time... will I literally resemble a dairy cow? But it's nice material, heavy fabric...twas $9.99. It's exactly the same style as the yellow dress I posted here except this one has black dots! What do you guys think? How would you wear it and what would be a good occasion? At first, it looked to me like a cute pinup girl dress and it would be good to recreate a look that resembles that of a pinup.

Anyway, here is my FOTD! First two are with no flash, just desk light and the other one is with flash. I feel like I look so different o_o



This is what I used:

BE foundation in Golden Medium
Clinique eyeshadow palette (used the soft shimmer disco pink, 234)
NYX Jumbo Pencil in Black Bean, 601
Maybelline Pulse Perfection Mascara (will be reviewing it in the next post!)
Loreal Color Juice stick in Personali-tea, 805
Stila convertible color in Peony, 3

I'm thinking about what I should do tomorrow. It's my friend's birthday... I think I should wear something in tribute to her. Hmm..

Thank you to Inspired by Beauty for tagging me on this award! :) So cute. This is my first ever tag so it's exciting for me that the beauty blog world is so sweet and together when it comes to advising each other on beauty and fashion.



And now, to tag 10 bloggers! (most of you have it on your blogs already!)

The Skinnies - my very first follower! :)
JESSU
Ramblings from a Number Nerd
Serena Everyday
SIDESTORIES
For the Love of Beauty
THIS WAS FOREVER
Makeup by Mai
arethaseraph
Skyla Arts

13 comments:

Angelique said...

I bought a bunch of ELF stuff from Target too! The brushes really are soft!

Cute dress.. I don't think you'll look like a cow but keep everything else minimal since the dress is already busy :]

Your FOTD is really pretty. Love the mix of the pink/purple.

Awww thanks for tagging me!! <33

Unknown said...

Waaah~ My first award! Thank you so much :D:D:D

The dress is cute! Take pictures when you wear it :3 Maybe match with red? I'm liking the whole black/white/red combo at the moment.

alovelyblush said...

I was just at Target yesterday - no ELF here. :( So jealous!

Unknown said...

The dress is very nice! ELF lashes are good. Try NYX or Red Cherry (their lashes are $2 100% Human Hair)

http://makeupbykim-porter.com

Leenda said...

I love Target! I've never worn false lashes either because I wear glasses all the time, but I am so tempted to try! Definitely let us all know how it goes when you do!

I laughed when you wrote about how you hope the dress doesn't make you look like a cow. lol! I think the dress would be great paired with red flats/heels if you have or maybe with a navy blue like short cardigan? I don't know, I'm just making stuff up in my head. lol

Do you like the Stila Convertible Peony Blush? I was considering purchasing one to try, but I didn't know if I'd like it or what color to get...

lisasuar said...

they sell their studio brushes at target now?? =O i shall go soon! haha i need some makeup remover anyways :) that dress is super cute!

Unknown said...

Leenda: I also wear glasses too! On a daily basis. I hardly ever wear contacts but I have them around for when I do :p I think red heels and flats would be good :D haha thanks! :)

Karen Law said...

We don't have ELF lashes here but I've heard of the brand and many good things about it. My lash glue (I use DUO which is really good glue) smells terrible too even from Day 1. And I know the glue hadn't gone bad at all - I think they're all like that but luckily the smell dissipates upon drying.
I love your FOTD - very pretty :)
Hmmmm, I love polka dots and know what you mean about worrying it would resemble a dairy cow from the print LOL. I'm not great with fashion but I'd personally pair it with huge sunglasses (I only wear big sunglasses though), black patent leather heels or flats (sandals/or pumps) and perhaps a dark coloured cardigan (dark brown, black or navy blue) if it's cool outside. You could wear it for a lunch, a picnic...I feel it's a spring/summer daytime dress.
And thank you for checking out my blog :)

Mary said...

love purples and pinks! pretty fotd!..that's a cute dress! spring is in the air

DiWiMakeup said...

The dress is really cute!

`Diana`

Unknown said...

the dress is cute if you pull it off right! i'm pretty sure you're not going to look like a cow =___= hahaha

thanks for tagging me! i know my first few followers gave me the inspiration to keep on writing :) keep at it!

Danielle Barbe said...

cute dress!

i love false eyelashes. i've finally gotten the hang of putting them on!

Mai said...

Oh yay, I've never been tagged before :)

I went to my Target and got the regular eyeshadow brush and the defined eyeshadow brush (which kind of looked like a discontinued 272) and they seemed pretty good. I'm glad that I get to buy them in store because I've heard the CS when it comes to buying them online is awful.

That dress is suuuuper cute