Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Dress of the Moment

Spent a good part of my evening organizing my apartment. I also  tried my best to organize my dresses. It took me awhile because I was so indecisive on HOW to organize them, either by fabric or by style or some other way. I ended up just putting the similar textured ones together so my cotton blends or won't get snagged by the dresses with metal zippers. Bleh, I love and hate organizing them because each piece I have deserve so much more love than I give it! They live in plastic drawers since I don't feel secure hanging them in my closet because I want to keep them enclosed and not all exposed to dust.that comes from my window. Plus, I have 2 cats who'd probably love to snuggle in them somehow.

While organizing, I came across one of my favorites!

Golden Goddess Dress

I named it that because it's gold-ish and kinda looks like something Aphrodite would sport in a modern day Grecian goddess outing. I really like this piece because of the details in the beading and I just love the fact that it a soft balance of gold and off gold. I don't even remember  where I bought it from... I believe it was a thrift store finding about 3-4 years ago and I restored it back to health and cleanliness; there are still little imperfections here and there but that's what makes it perfect :)

What are your favorite finds while Spring cleaning? :)

7 comments:

Unknown said...

i love the goddess dress! i always organize my closet but somehow it just reverts back to a mess >< sigh sigh. thanks for the opinion on the dresses - you are such a sweetie!

Mei said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog! It makes my day XD
anyway...Oh my that dress is GORGEOUS! I must go thrifting more often X)
I haven't done any spring cleaning yet (gosh my room looks like a tornado went by) but hopefully when I do I can dig up something awesome like you did :)

Angelique said...

Cute dress!! I haven't done any spring cleaning yet but I know I'll find stuff that I forgot about :P

BTW those small Asian shops are awesome!! They pretty much sell the same things as F21 and all those other stores but for a fraction of the price! I love love bargains and those are definitely my fave stores :]

Jenny said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog! Hey San Francisco! :) I have that same feeling when I'm organizing ANYTHING =___=;. I feel like everything has to fall into place and yeah >__<

Vera said...

wow, beautiful dresss! love love love it :)

Vanessa said...

that's a great dress. Maybe I should go thrifting more :)

Alyssamae. said...

This is a lovely dress! =)