Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Portland in Pictures.

Hi all! I am back from Portland, and I must say that I had a great time despite the rain and wind. It's truly beautiful how uninhibited Portland is even as a city. Everything is lush, and green and the community works together to keep it that way. I

I got a few pointers from people that told me in comments a lot of stuff closes early, which is totally true! :p


Iced coffee from Stumphouse Coffee

Margherita pizza from Pyro Pizza (food truck! I saw it on Eat Street from Cooking Channel)


Powell's Bookstore - Truly a guilty pleasure. It's one of the biggest book stores ever!

Hainan Chicken food truck! Saw this on Cooking Channel as well.


Another one of those food trucks. This was SO good!


Pittock Mansion from the outside .


Hainan Chicken :)

Yes, fried spamusubi! 

International Rose Test Garden

International Rose Test Garden

Cappuccino 

I stayed in Vancouver, WA but spent most of my time in Portland, OR

It was dreary like this most of the day.

Grilled Cheese with Bacon!

Another shot of the Int'l Rose Test Garden.

Shopping over there was truly a breeze because everything was tax free! I bought a few things, but didn't overdo it. It was nice sipping on a latte and enjoying the peaceful serene of this city. I'll do a compilation of what I hauled while there in another post when I get everything together.

Hope you're all enjoying your week thus far. Regular makeup business and chit chat will be resuming shortly.



25 comments:

Unknown said...

Great pictures. Love grill cheese! Is that a deep fried spam oniguri? Beautifully prepared and poured latte.

herroyalbleakness said...

Welcome back home, pretty! Im happy you had fun during your trip and that blog comments were helpful enough to give u a glimpse of the place even before you set foot.

Kalmo said...

Aw you took such cool photographs. Glad you got an awesome time in Portland. I'm drooling over all the food, looks super yummy.

mizzsandychau said...

wow looks like you had a great time, love the food pics hahaha. i want to go portland one day!

Elizabeth King said...

Pizza looks super yummy! ^_^

ShinyPrettyThings said...

portland looks amazing!! that grilled cheese is making me drool atm hehe

Steph said...

welcome back =D the pictures are beautiful~

ohhhh food looks so yummy, like fannie asked... deep fried spam oniguri?? *doe eyed* lol

tiffyama said...

Welcome back! I spot fried spam musubi! haha.

alien man?! said...

whoa... it's kind of surreal that you were just mere blocks from where i lived at the time

Jamilla Camel said...

I love Portland! My brother and his wife live in Salem, and like to visit Portland on weekends.

Elisa ♥ said...

whoa the food looks nice XD would love to try that spamusubi!

frecklesspeckles said...

don't you just love time away from work? LOL

welldressedmaker said...

Welcome back, lady! I love your picsies! I really miss NW weather because it never gets super hot and humid! And TAX FREE shopping is the bestest! I now NEVER carry cash because of tax. boooooo.

I will have to say, the pic of the fried spam musubi held my attention a tad bit longer than the others... yum!
♥ laura

the blog of worldly delights

Unknown said...

hmm now I want a margerhita pizza too. So jealous of this yummy food!

Hollie said...

I want the grilled cheese with bacon sandwich... I wanna make one now! hehe

HitomiNeko said...

Lovely photos! =D I really want to post more photo on my blog 2 but been super busy~

i like ur blog. am following~ plz follow back ^O^

xoxo hitomineko xoox
http://hitomineko-hn.blogspot.com

bee. said...

hey pretty! i just awarded you here: http://beekyoote.blogspot.com/2011/09/blog-award.html !

i hope you like it!
^_^

Olivia said...

Great photos! All the food looks yummy and that bookstore looks amazing. Glad you had a fun time.

Makeup and Mutts said...

That pizza looks great!

Confetti_hearts said...

Your blog pictures are gorgeous. I nominated you for a blog award!
http://lollipopsandstethoscopes.blogspot.com/

Jen said...

Portland looks like a great place :D That was an ice coffee? It looked like a bottle for beer/ginger beer LOL. And the grilled cheese & bacon looks gooooooooood *drool*

SGRMSE. said...

prettiest cuppa coffee (: (: and all them food photos have me hungry now. noooo.

The Sneakerette said...

Geez that pizza looks SO good!

Anonymous said...

great photos hun.. very relaxing and starving haha.. keep in touch hun! muaha

Harshleen@BeautyTidbits said...

I live in Portland and it is beautiful indeed.....glad you had a good time there!