Monday, January 3, 2011

Spotlight: Rimmel's Airy Fairy Lipstick

Rimmel's Airy Fairy lipstick has been quite talked about in the blog world hasn't it? Because I love lipsticks, and because I love nudey shades, I was yearning to try it. I picked it up at Target and fell in love with it. Wow, this is a gorgeous lip shade and I am so happy that it's getting so much attention.



With Flash

What is is: A nudey pink lip shade w/a subtle gold sheen.

Upon first application, the formula feels really lightweight. REALLY lightweight. Lighter than any lipstick I've ever tried, including NYX's circle lipsticks. As for moisturizing agents, there is very little, but enough to not feel balmy or glue-like. Up until now, I've only been a fan of creamy formulas, but I don't think a creamy lipstick can make your lips look as natural as this one :) I can't get over how nice the shade looks! The gold sheen is really luxurious. Pair it with a clear gloss, and it'll look gorgeous! :)

This lipstick is not really long lasting. About 3-4 hours if you don't eat, drink or talk! LOL I guess it may last longer if you blot with a translucent powder, but I've never that technique before.

The smell of this lipstick is candy-like. It doesn't bother me at all. It's not too overpowering... it's kind of a light, sweet scent. I'm sorry I can't be more descriptive! :p

 No Flash

With that, my next want is Revlon's Soft Nude. The only thing is that it's sold out everywhere! Darn. My quest is to get it... the best part of the want is the hunt, right? ;)

What are your favorite nude colors and why? :)

My favorite nail color of the moment is Revlon's Lilac Pastelle. It's so wearable, and  lovely. Suitable for any occasion but when I want to feel extra special, this nail color really brightens my day :)


Alright everyone,I'm going to sign off now. I'm still getting adjusted to my work schedule after coming back here.

32 comments:

Reg Rodriguez said...

i like the lipstick! it's so pretty and very dainty:) i wish we had it here!

xx
heyrocketgirl

Elizabeth Chang (Skyla Arts) said...

i have this one~ ;D i don't like the smell, but I love the color~ I depot it and put it in my palette~ <3

liketreasure said...

I hadn't ever actually heard about this lipstick, looks lovely though x

Mindy♥ said...

Ahh yes! Rimmel's Airy Fairy. I was curious about the hype... and purchased one... and understood right away why everyone loves it. :)

Kileen said...

i've heard so much about Rimmel's Airy Fairy too and need to go check it out! Thanks for all the nude color recs. nudes are by far my fave go-to color!

cuteandlittle.com

Denysia Yu said...

I just bought 3 lipsticks of air fairy! they are currently on sale at CVS! I think each one came out to $1.60! :)

Vicky said...

Airy Fairy looks soooo good on you! I have bought one for myself as well. :) I love the sweet taste of it and it does feel good on my lips. It's not long lasting as you had described.

PinkOrchids said...

That's a really pretty colour lipstick!! The name really suits it!

A Shine Bunny said...

Such a gorgeous color!!

Unknown said...

this is the second time I've seen Airy Fairy on a blog. It must be really popular. I'm really into light pinkish nail polish right now.

Stephanie said...

I didn't like rimmel's airy fairy--but that's just me :) looks lovely on you though!!
xx

kali said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
- susy - said...

Ahhh Rimmel's Airy Fairy comes out so beautifully on you! Very very pastel pink. I wish it did the same for me =[ I think my lips are naturally very mauve so it doesn't have the same effect.
Nice nails!

Unknown said...

ahhh i bought this just a few days ago and it sucks because it doesn't work well for me at all :( it looks ashy purple :(! and it's so weird but I just took pics of of this and mine looks SO gray-purple not lusciously pink like yours :(

Lilladylife said...

oh both look so nice on you~~~!!! i have both and they look lousy on me!!!! lol im so glad to see how wonderful they look on your skin tone!

Unknown said...

Kali - Thanks for the link!!!!!!!!!! They weren't on clearance when I went!!! SO helpful! I love reading your blog, when you narrow everything by discounts! :D

Unknown said...

ahh i just stumbled across your blog and i love it! how come i can't follow though? it says it's not configured =(
xox, Lisa http://www.loveformakeup.com

Beauty Style Addict said...

ooooh i like the lipstick shade its lovely on you :)
btw, thanks for visiting my blog... i'm following you now *yeaaaah*

Karen said...

this lipstick is selling at CVS for 1.50. i picked one up yesterday. it's part of their semi-annual sale items.

Gloria said...

I love both the lipstick and nail polish on you. I've heard a lot about airy fairy but everytime I see it in the stores, I end up putting it down because it looks insanely pink and barbie like (doesn't go well with my skintone) though it looks so natural and nude on others. Same with pink nailpolish, when I try a pretty pink shade, it makes my hand look really weird :S

I guess I'll just keep envying pink lips and nails on others =P

Tammy said...

The colour's so pretty on you, it goes so nice with your pale complexion

Vinda Sonata said...

such gorgeous shade. it suits you well.
if my skin tone is something like yours, i'd wear the sweet shade all day long. it screams romantic. i love it!

Bluestar's Blog said...

I have thought about picking this one up too. I think that I will have to now after seeing this!

aki! said...

I definitely want this lipstick! It looks lovely on you.

CrystalLuvz said...

I have the same Rimmel's Airy Fairy and I absolutely love it too! I love your nail color too! Very pretty! Love your blog!

Unknown said...

This is such a pretty color on you! I've never tried any of Rimmel's products before :)

Saving Capulet said...

oh gosh, I wonder where I can find it in my country! it's such a pretty nude pink!!

Anonymous said...

I like the makeup! Very natural and the eyeshadow is something I would wear : )

xx The Little Dust Princess

thomessa said...

Love the lipstick and eyeshadow, you look so pretty!

oomph. said...

lipstick looks like a pretty shade. looing for a good pink shade.

rockoomph.blogspot.com

Indian Sarees said...

Nice post...

Hungover on Fashion said...

the lipstick color looks very nice.