Thursday, January 6, 2011

Review: Lady & Skin BB Cream

Remember this post about Lady & Skin cosmetics from Korea? I wasn't able to find any info about it on the internet... which is odd because you can find EVERYTHING online =p Well, I still haven't found anything, but it may be translated wrong in English or exclusive to the country...or... I don't know? Well, I'll be the first to review it then!

Okay, so... as I've mentioned before, my  mother's friend gave it to her during her friend's trip to Korea. She doesn't use makeup so she gave it to me to try. It came in a gift set with a powder and lip gloss. But I am just going to touch on the BB cream today.




It comes in a very generic squeeze tube. I don't mind the simple packaging because it makes it easier to travel with. I wonder if they have BB creams that come in foundation jars? That would be so luxe, wouldn't it?












Honestly, the formula is great! Better than Lioele's Beyond the Solution BB cream because it's sheer and has a pearly finish. I just start with a pea sized amount and smooth it onto my face before  patting it on gently. I really like that it's lightweight and easy to use. I mean, BB creams are not hard to use... but you don't need the brush when you have fingers :) I like all sorts of textures, but the sheerness of this BB cream is enough for daytime. While it's lightweight and sheer, the cream is also really opaque and has really good coverage. See the swatch on my wrist? I found it that to be opaque enough for me :)

The scent is also really pleasant. It's got a nice, Asian shampoo/body wash smell. The good kind! :) A little fruity, a little bit of floral. It's smells nice and doesn't linger.

One pro about this BB cream is that it has SPF 37 PA++, which is an odd number, but I can't complain. It's one of those all-in-ones :) I really like this BB cream a lot, but I'm not sure how I'll ever be able to find it. Well, if I do find a site or some info, I'll be sure to update for those who are interested :)

I've been obsessed with the Bobby Brown eyeshadow palette that I won from Ping's giveaway :) She was a MUA for Bobbi Brown and grew a love for the cosmetics. One thing is for sure, I really REALLY like the palette!




I love it! The colors complement everything! They are not overbearing, unwearable shadows! My love for neutral shades have now been justified. This palette is a must-have! I'm so glad it is in my collection because it sleek, and the colors pack a punch. You don't need much to add definition to your eyes. I've been wearing this to work a lot lately and I'm really loving how the dark colors enlarge my eyes and the highlight colors add definition. What is your take on Bobbi Brown cosmetics? :]

Geeky glasses O_O


I was looking back on my old photos here and I am so embarrassed to see how crappy all my photos were when I first started blogging. I'm probably going to re-review many products including the Lioele Beyond the Solution BB that I've also been using. I wasn't particularly happy w/my review, because the swatches and photos did not reflect how it really was. My camera now is a lot better at capturing the images with the correct lighting! :) Yipppeee for that!


I trust everyone is having a good week so far? :)

Yum! Grape juice after a long day :)

29 comments:

yourstrulypam said...

I really like the foundation and would love to try one if you do find more information about it. It matches you very well.

MissS.elle said...

Ohh glad to know you like it!! I stopped using BB cream because I think it's too heavy for me and I had a reaction every time I tried one, including the Lioele one. :( The e/s quad is super nice and they look gorgeous on you! <3

Lilladylife said...

never heard of this BB cream brand but it sounds great!!! AHHH u wont a BB palette? lucky girl and in suck gorgeous shades, no wonder u love it! its pretty!

Kileen said...

i've never heard of this BB Cream brand, but it looks great on you! will definitely have to keep my eyes peeled for it.

oh, and the Bobbi Brown eyeshadow looks amazing on you!

cuteandlittle.com

Pammy said...

That BB cream and Bobbi Brown eyeshadow look great on you. You have such nice skin too. :)

Unknown said...

oo intriguing...I've never heard of the Lady & Skin brand either~ Nonetheless, it works very well on you! Love the dewy, glowy finish :)~

Risa said...

The bobbi brown eye shadows are sooo sooo pretty on u! Thank you for checking out my blog. I'm ur newest follower. =D

xx
mycharmingvanity.blogspot.com

나니 said...

Wow that BB cream looks great! I love the brand logo. I know it's kinda weird.. but I feel that if the brand logo and name sounds pro - then the quality sort of matches. >_<" Does that sound lame? Dunno. Love the photos! You look so fresh! : D

Stephanie C said...

Your skin looks flawless and I love the eye look =)

Crystal said...

pearly finish?? Wow, that sounds amazing!^0^ Please update when you figure out where to get it online, thx~

Tammy said...

Congrats on winning that giveaway!! :] I'm really into neutral palettes myself lately too hehe

Have a great weekend hun^^

Unknown said...

I've never seen that brand before, but it looks like a really good BB cream - it really blends into your skin tone really well. And I think you look really cute in glasses! :D

Saving Capulet said...

oh wow, I now very interested in this bb cream! I only use skinfood peach sake, but I really want to try something new this time. And you look stunning in those photos <3

Anonymous said...

I like the new layout ;-D

Also the eye palette and shadows look wonderful ! I love those kinds of shades because they're the ones you can use everyday and just tuck away in your make up bag. I'd love to find something similar to that BB palette except matte.

The BB cream looks great on you too. Roflmao that IS a weird and very specific SPF number ! Honestly, I think I've just about given up on all BB creams. The coverage isn't very good as I find they're never very long lasting (has to withstand the harsh Australian heat) and the colours are never EXACTLY matching. I'm very skeptical about products that claim to have multi purposes but I'm always willing to try anything at least once haha.

나니 said...

Haha, aww that's so sweet of you! :'D <3 Thank you!

Mara said...

I've just been recently dipping my foot into asian cosmetics and I love BB creams. BTW you look great with those "geeky" glasse. It suits you. Also you're so very lucky to have won that Bobbie Brown palette....lucky duck. :)

Anonymous said...

your skin looks flawless and glowing there. i really like your new layout btw. feels very clean and organised!

Gizelle Faye | Vanilla Ice Cream said...

what exactly are BB creams? i know they have a lot of that in korea...but is it a foundation? or a primer? hmmmm....i need to look into this.

anyway, i love the bobbi brown palette...i prefer browns and golden hues rather than the silver ones because i'm not really fair...my skin is brown to..hehe.

♥ vanilla ice cream ♥

Sands said...

Hahaha, Korean products always have weird SPFs like 64 or 43 hahaha!

xo
Sealverland

Carrie Tai said...

Hi... first time reading ur blog.

I just back from Korea and bought a lot of L&S skincare products. But unable to find comments of these products on internet. Really weird.....

salwar said...

Looking gorgeous... all the stuffs are really useful..

나니 said...

HEY pretty : D got you an award on my blog! Hope you like it <3

나니 said...

When I was younger, I was WAYYY certain that I'd NEVER even be as tall as the min. for models nowadays. But now that I'm actually 5'8" (and a half xD), I realize that it's not very tall.. O_O at least not compared to my family. And trust me.. I'm in NO way model like xD

Donna said...

i've never tried bb creams. they look like they would only suit people who are really fair.:*(
the colors on that bobbi brown palette looks very lovelly on you!

-donna
http://mysweetmilktea.blogspot.com/

PinkOrchids said...

man, that bb cream makes your skin glow and so smooth and pretty! I really want it! The texture looks great and it doesn't make you look pale. One thing i hate about BB creams is that sometimes they make you look so pale!! I love your eye make-up, you look gorgeous!!! xX

= Phoebe = said...

Hi ya~ I just back from Korea and I bought some products of Lady % Skin. One of the products is Bubble Oxygen Mask with cleanser, which is the combination of make up remover and cleanser. it is very nice product. I love it so much~~♥ however, i can't find any info of this brand on internet, google brought me to your page:P

kim23 said...

you look so pretty in those photos...I'm also interested in BB skin creams. I want to try something new and I think that this cream is the best choice because it looks so great on your skin...

Anonymous said...

Hi, I have bought a few bottles of Bubble Oxygen Mask but I forgot the procedure. Do I have to cleanse my face first? How many times to use in a week? Thanks.

kthings said...

Hi all,
We are starting a L&S spree next month, please visit us at www.koreanthings.com for more details.
Thanks! =)