Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Labor Day Weekend! & Hair Cut

I hope you all had a nice and relaxing Labor Day weekend. I love three day weekends because they are a gift.. LOL How many of us can use more of these right? :) Yes, it's true. So why must it be over...!? Boo...

So my weekend started off with receiving a package from the lovely Sheila from Maddy Loves. She is so generous... I can't even gratify with words. It was for her birthday giveaway and she included in my package a lot of things that she loves: Dior! And Gucci I'm sure :)


Contents:

Full sized Dior Show Mascara in Black - Classic favorite. Now I get to see what the hype is about :)
Dior Creme De Gloss - A vibrant, intense pink or off-red. It's a beautiful shade that I can't describe.
3D nail set - My first nail sticker kit! I can't wait to play with it! :)
Earrings from EkiLove -  Aww... my first pair of Eki earrings. They are beautiful and dangly heart shaped  crystals with little with white beads. VERY cute! :)
Gucci Perfumes! - Rush, Envy Me, Gucci - They all smell lovely. They are in such awesome sizes too. I can carry them all in my purse. They can become part of my power perfumes <3
Dior Addict Lipstick in Ultra Nude - It's like she read my mind. It's a gorgeous nudy pink shade with their signature Dior Addict sheen. Nudy pinks are LOVE.
Biotherm Source Therapie moisturizer - Very nice, very light moisturizer that is reminiscent of a lot of Estee Lauder moisturizers. Really nice quality, fresh scent and absorbing qualities.
Cellnique Sebum Gel sample - I've been reading lots of reviews about this! I can't wait to try it!
DHC Olive Virgin Oil - I love oils. Period.


Thank you Sheila... you are so sweet to mail these items to me from Canada! I can't wait to use them in the coming days! <3 Visit her @ Maddy Loves!

I will swatch all of these in my next post! :)


Over the weekend, I also trimmed my hair or... maintained it. I don't usually do much to my hair but I felt I needed a haircut since my hair was getting a bit much to handle. It was a subtle change :) I didn't do anything too drastic! But I may someday when I have the guts to.

Here is my BEFORE HAIR:


AFTER HAIR:

I got bangs! o_o It's mostly going to be clipped to the side because I don't think it's too great on me. I'll show it to you guys eventually. I'm too shy still! LOL I don't really think I have the face shape for it although I wish i did! o_o Side swept for now =P

I only got them because I love Zooey Deschanel. She's utterly gorgeous... I just love love love her look so much. She is my inspiration for everything! LOL :)


Anyway, here's what I wore to work today! Not the hoochy shorts though! LOL
I can't believe this top was in my "donate" pile. I remember loving it so much once and then not so much and now falling in love with it again. The top is a dreamy white with really nice little details that I have come to love again. Hooray for forgotten treasures. I feel like I've been doing that a lot lately! Re-discovering old favorites :)

And my silly attempt at a floppy hat I've been looking for all summer. I was trying to find the one Angie had from H&M but I never saw it there. I think she got it at the beginning of summer... it's now the end and I finally got one from Target. Forgive my desperate look! LOL It's hard to walk and cam at the same time :p All you fashion bloggers are so freaking awesome with the outdoors and a camera =P

31 comments:

kali said...

I like the full bangs on you! Super cute. =)

Alyssamae. said...

I love the new cut and bangs :) Awesome gift u receive! looks like a lot of nice goodies!

PetiteXXS said...

What a gorgeous top! Rediscovering old favorites is the best because it's free! :) And your new hair looks a lot healthier and shinier! I've also had the same haircut for years, mostly because it's taken me years to find what works for me so I stick with it. I have side bangs too (can't do front bangs) because it helps disguise my huge forehead :P

Angie | Pandaphilia.com said...

lemme see your bangs! haha i'm sure they're so fab :D i like how your hair is a little thinned out too. that sheer top is gorgeous :D i do that all the time - pulling out old faves from my donation pile and thinking "whoa nelly .. that was a nice save" haha

the sunhat looks perfect on you! yeah floppy sunhats are ridiculously hard to wear and walk in at the same time without bumping into stuff hahaha. you've got it down pat! i absolutely love it on you (and i really like the colour too!)

Susanne said...

I love your bangs! And Zooey Deschanel is one of my role models too. She is absolutely beautiful and have you heard her sing as part of She & Him?? Wonderful! :)

Unknown said...

you won such a great giveaway! :) enjoy your prizes :)

stop clipping up your bangs! i think it looks great on you! ^^ my bangs are sooo super long now :( i dont know what to do with them anymore!

and i looooove the floppy summer hat! i wanted to get one this year too but then i realized i won't have many chances to wear it :( especially for the beach...its like 2 hours away for me and i only had a chance to visit it once this year! booo :(

- susy - said...

I actually really like the haircut on you! I can only imagine it helped thin it out about and took a bit of weight off your shoulders ;)

Nunu said...

Yay! congrats on winning!
Love the cut! it suits you and I think you shouldn't clip it up!I think u're crazy for thinking that your face doesn't suit it.

Ping said...

jen i love the hair cut and esp the shorter bangs. the lace top is hot, glad you didn't toss it!!!

♥Bunny♥ said...

I love the new hair cut and wish you showed your full bangs! Really really cute ^^ Love the pic with the hat! You look adorable ^^

Lulu said...

what an awesome prize package from shiela! she is so sweet! I love your hair haircut!!!

Denysia Yu said...

What a awesome prize! :)
Your hair cut looks very nice!

Gaby Fauchon said...

Great package, lucky girl! And cute haircut (=

Leenda said...

You got a lot of cool stuff! Your haircut looks really nice. You look great with bangs! I also love Zooey Deschanel. She is awesome! The hat is sooo cutee on you! Also, that is a very cute top for work. =D

BenchesnChandeliers said...

great haircut! wish i had my longer hair so i can wear them in layers too!

http://www.benchesandchandeliers.com

BARESTUDY (Janelle) said...

thanks for commenting on my blog!! i love the top and i love zooey as well!! :) i guess maybe that's why i like katy perry too. haha!!! anyway, come visit me again and hope you follow my blog, thanks hun!

http://barestudy.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

What an awesome giveaway!

And I like your haircut! I know what you mean by hard to handle...most days I just tie up or clip my hair cause I haven't had the time to cut my hair T-T;

Paris in Pink said...

What a lucky girl you are to receive such a fabulous goodie bag. So happy to have stumbled upon your amazing blog here. Off to go read some more now! xx, Paris in Pink

m0chiii said...

shes so sweet <3

love your hair and outfit!

you look lovely <3

ChyiX2 said...

I like your new haircut, it seems lighter and frames your face better. :)

FashionableAsians said...

I can't pull off the floppy hat, maybe I just need to find the right one :( but it looks great on you!!
http://fashionableasians.blogspot.com

G said...

Zoeey is cute :) Im crazy about Katy Perry's look and style! Gosh, I think Im developing an obsession about her. haha

I love the last photo of you with a straw hat. I've been hunting for a huge white one, but I still havent found it yet. : /
Cute blog!

-Gayle from www.gayleisvolatile.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

I adore Eki's stuff, she makes the cutest things! Also the pic of you with the straw hat is so cute but sexy ;) must the sultry eye peeking out :D

Beauty Style Addict said...

awww show us the bangs! *hehehe*
that top is really cute on you & the hat too :)
btw, thanks for visiting my blog
i'm glad you like the rose ^-^

http://beautystyleaddict.blogspot.com

Jess said...

Oh, what a great prize package you got from Sheila!

I love your hair trim! The side bangs is really flattering I think. And I LOVE your top! <3 <3

Georgina said...

cool prizes from shiela! congratulations! :) those ekilove earrings are super kawaii, im sure you'll have fun wearing them. ^_^

your new hairstyle is really nice, zooey deschanel is a good role model imho. her beauty is different but nonetheless attractive and pleasant :)

MariaKristela said...

You look lovelier with bangs. :)

I'm a new follower. Hope you can visit my blog and follow me back. Thanks!

http://oh-my-maria.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

I love your new hair!! The big floppy hat is love..

i am a fan of Zoey Dachanel, she is just goregous and what a quirky actress she is!

congrats on winning Sheila' givesaway!

rebeca.cd said...

I love your hairstyle! And that shirt is really cute (^_^)

http://becksmakeupcorner.blogspot.com

rene said...

I think you will look cute with bangs!
Don't be shy!

Anonymous said...

Ah~ LOVE your new haircut! You look great with bangs so what are you talking about girl?!
Reminds me that I really am in due for a haircut... my hair is so long now that it leaves my hair completely LIMP. I always have it up in a ponytail now *sigh*