Sunday, May 9, 2010

Pacific Blues

I hope everyone had a nice Mothers Day :) Sadly, I wasn't able to visit my mother due to her being in LA and I in San Jose. It wouldn't have been enough time to hang out with her if I drove home for weekend. 6 hrs on the road would've been worth it if it was a long weekend :)

Sometime in the middle of the week, I was playing with my NYX products that I got at Ulta and decided to attempt a cream/pastel shadow look as requested from one of my blogger friends. I used the jumbo pencil in Baby blue and the eyeshadow shade Pacific to create the look. Both of them are similar colors and I felt that they blended beautifully as if they were artfully meant to be worn side by side.

Excuse the strange faces! The quality of the jumbo pencils are unbelievable. The eyeshadow is also a standout. Most of NYX's products are really impressive, from their range of colors and the ongoing affordability. I can't believe it took me so long to find this brand. At first, it didn't strike me as being a quality brand until I started seeing more and more women using this. I was very impressed with the shadows and I am also a big fan of their lipsticks. I have yet to get Strawberry Milk but I have Indian Princess and Tea Rose which i also love very dearly. Although the moisturizing scale of the lipsticks are not as balmy as Rimmel and or Maybelline, the color payoff is absolutely great. The best way is to wear something under or over to lock in the moisture.

I really want the pencil  in Cottage Cheese now!! Sadly, they were sold out at Ulta. I hate having ordering online if i don't plan on making a big purchase. I'm so impatient when waiting for things to come.My ELF order is supposed to come tomorrow but I waited over a week and a half for it! =P Anyway, I used the jumbo pencil as a base for the eyeshadow and just blended it outwards. Blue on blue may be a little lame for most makeup gurus and I know I need to start experimenting with color combinations...which is why I have a million different palettes! LOL

This is a short post since i have to prepare for work tomorrow. I hope everyone has a good start on Monday! I hear Starbucks is having half off all frapps from 3-5pm for "happy hour" or whatever they are doing. I'm still not sure why they are having this promo. Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf is also giving away their new ice blended drinks on 5/11. It's valid in CA, AZ, NV, HI, TX. Go get your fix! :)

Goodnight all!

14 comments:

Nikki said...

Hi Jen!
Aww, that sucks that you weren't able to spend time with your mom during mother's day. =/ Anyways, I love NYX e/s & jumbo pencils! I'm also, especially in love with their round lipsticks! OMG! I own like 25+ of them. hahahaha! {lipstick addict, much?} lol

Anyways, will I be seeing you this coming Saturday? I hope so :D

I can't wait, so hope you can make it

xoxo
Nikki

-AnGiEpInK- said...

Wow!!..I love the look..You look gorgeous..=)..

Susie said...

I like your blue look (: NYX is just amazing<3 hehe :P

Camille Santos said...

i agree nyx prods well most of them are great!!!! nice blues ^^

Penelope said...

Hiya, great look! I really wish we had Nyx store here in the UK.

Unknown said...

hi beautiful! :) i cannoto pull off baby blue for the life of me! hahaha my boyfriend would probably give me the "what were you thinking look" :P i have resisted buying shadow palettes since i bought my CD 88 warm palette and realized i rarely even use it (go me! =__=) i use my maybelline chai latte quad pretty often though just because the colours are so easy to work with and it looks natural!

hope you're having a nice monday at work!!

Leenda said...

Very nice with the blue eyeshadows. =] I can't pull off blue eyeshadows or at least I think it looks weird on me. hahah I wanted to look at some NYX stuff the other day, but I told myself not to. Just bc looking turns into wanting turns into buying. lol

MissS.elle said...

I've been habing a hard time making a look with baby blues! hahaha. I've been dying to try out those NYX jumbo pencil and their lipstick too but my local drugstore only carries the eyeshadows and lip/eyeliner =_=''

lauren said...

blue looks fab on you!!

http://laurenlanzaosias.blogspot.com
new celebrity dress up vlog. good times.

DiWiMakeup said...

I wish I can find those pencils here! Yesstyle is supposed to sell Korean brand clothing but when my dress shipped, it came from a Chinese person from Hong Kong, lol.


xo, Diana

serenadeveryday said...

It's okay. I'm sure your mom knows you would have visited her if you had the time. I think the drive would have been crazy to do alone. I heard it was POURING on the 5 on Sunday. I wouldn't have wanted you to drive such weather conditions alone.

Pretty pretty pretty! I like blue. =]
I feel the exact same way about NYX! At first I thought it was a whatever brand. I didn't realize how amazing the products were until reading about them on blogs. I still haven't made my first NYX purchase yet. Hopefully I will soon though.


<3 Serena.

Tracy said...

I think I have the Jumbo Eyepencil in Cottage. But I hardly use them cos I find that it creases on me. I should go find em and play around with them. I love how creamy they are!

Thanks! I wish MAC didn't release so many blushes. It's getting confusing!

Carrie Tai said...

i heart baby blue especially when going out for outdoor shooting!

Unknown said...

love the baby blue eyeshadow! looks so good!