Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Petals

I hope you all had a beautiful Easter! As for me, I didn't do much but clean the house since I'm not too religious. Even cleaning, I felt relaxed and happy. It was mostly rainy but I stayed home and enjoyed coziness from all four sides of my very own place :)

Of course, I kept up with all of my blogger friends :) Everyone was all dressy and pretty on Easter. I hope next year I can do something creative like that :)

Gosh, how do you guys take such good pictures? Do you all have photographers?! =P I wish I could capture what I'm wearing without looking ridiculous with all the mirror shots. I guess my problem is that I need better lighting. Investing in a new light is next :)

So here is my FOTD for today :)

Products Used:

Revlon Photo Ready in Nude
Lancome Effacernes concealer
Smashbox Pressed Powder/Bronze Lights Duo in Fair/Light
Loreal Hip eyeshadow in Sassy (208)
Loreal Collagen Mascara in Black
Benefit Highbrow 















This is what I wore today for work. I really like the dress. Dress is by Another Thyme. Picked it up @ Ross awhile ago for $10! It's a very flowy material and I just absolutely adore the floral print on it :) The dress is a little loose but I couldn't find it in a smaller size. I guess it's still good on your "fat" days o_o 

In my next post, I'll take the pics in better lighting and more accessories. I had a hairband on but I left it in the bathroom at the time. 

What are your favorite prints? Florals? Leopard? Stripes? :) 


10 comments:

anonimous beauty said...

hii i'm glad u stumbled upon my blog. haha rainy days + lattes. the ultimate combo.. love it!

what camera do you use? i recently upgraded to a SLR camera and EVERYTHING looks much better (even a rock!) now i can't go back to using my canon digital camera even though i look like a tourist with such a big cam. but they're really expensive though (~$500).. orr you can put your camera on self-timer outside or close to a window b/c natural sunlight looks best in pics. hope that helps? lol

my favorite prints.. i'm loving florals and stripes atm. i was never into animal prints.. but i guess anything that looks colorful but not dizzy is what i like haha.

oh btw! how are you liking the revlon photo ready foundation? i've been hearing really good reviews on it. thinking if i should get it to try. my biggest problem is trying to cover red areas on my face though.. do you think it does that?

Leenda said...

Cute dress! $10? What a steal! haha I don't even have a mirror large enough to take a full body shot. lol But whatever. My favorite prints are florals and stripes. =]

lisadrivesavan said...

Hi! thank you, i named my blog that because everyone calls me 'lisadrivesavan' - due to my last name being van lol! thanks for the suggestion, i have done a fotd with the contact lenses in! cute blog by the way :) x

Unknown said...

Haha looks like you're all set up. And I didn't know you had to be religious to celebrate Easter? Since I was a kid I was more excited about chocolate eggs and easter bunnies than church >P

I like your full length mirror, I'm so feng shuei:d that I'm afraid to have too many mirrors at home.

And I think if you don't have good lighting you can try to fix it with photoshop...but that doesn't always work out so maybe get the energy saving bulbs? That's what I use and they're bright :D

serenadeveryday said...

I make my mom and little brother take a whole bunch of photos for me.. and then I just pick the ones I like the most. {*LOL} Well it's not that many pictures probably 4-6. Sometimes I use random furniture around the house and use a self timer for photos. =P I'm still a newbie with the whole taking photos of my outfit. I don't have an awesome SLR camera like anonimous beauty but it works.

Shopping at Ross and T.J.Max is the best! Great deals!
I think florals are my favorite patterns. My closet is boring and bland. For the most part it is all solids and I don't have accessories. I need more accessories.

I did go to the Pinkberry in Santana Row!! That's the closest one to me... Isn't it the ONLY one in Northern California? {*LOL} So sad. There are SO many in Socal. I live close to Newark.


<3 Serena.

s said...

What're you talking about that first photo is AMAZING!! It looks like a photographer did it! I seriously really love it!

And, my pics are the worst >.< I use a cell phone, take the pics in my BATHROOM, and I have to use the mirror too. LOL.

If you learn some self-cam tricks, do share :)

MEii said...

thanks for dropping by my blog.
haha...i use to use my cellphone to take all my photos since it has a 5mega pixel but now i'm using a sony camera and i notice that when using flash and even outside make the picture looks better. lol
and i heard that each person has their own best angle and find that angle and you'll look better in picture. but i still haven't find my best looking angle yet. But you know practice always make it better so play with ur camera and you might be surprise of what you can do with it.

Popcorn said...

I didn't do much on Easter too~ It was just like any plain old day. hehehe I think i like floral prints more. :D

Unknown said...

cute dress! i still haven't worn a springy dress out yet. it's been raining where i live :(

i'm still shy about showing pictures of myself on my blog, maybe one day!

Alyssamae. said...

Thanks dear.. slowly recovering =S blah.. but better now than later.. and hurting but at least its for my own benefit =P how's the new apt coming along?