Thursday, March 4, 2010

My ultimate HG Mascara

After years and years of searching for the best mascara for my lashes, I have finally come to a conclusion that The Body Shop's Super Volume Mascara is the one for me. I have many favorites but this one has been unconditionally good to me :)

 http://www.thebodyshop-usa.com/mascara/prod4940003


Finding a good mascara is like finding a flattering bathing suit. It's hard and it's time consuming... but the journey is fun and a lot more glamorous than trying on bikinis :p I discovered this mascara when I was Christmas shopping and decided to try it since it was on sale. Tried it on and instantly fell in love. Its so much different than all the mascaras I've tried! You know how some mascaras are watery and some are too dry? (ie Too Faced Mascara...ugh!) Well, this one is VERY buttery-like and creamy. It dries quite fast and is very buildable. I usually use the Maybelline Volume Express line to amp up my lashes in the evenings.


This is a few coats of the The Body Shop's super volume mascara black without anything else on top of it.




Here is what my eyes look like after I've built up my lashes with Maybelline's Volume Express falsies. Can you tell the difference?

Anyway, I wasn't able to wear the sweater dress on Wednesday because it was raining really hard that morning. I had it all laid out and everything. Ah, well. There are other times. I just thought the gray hue would be perfect and cozy looking.

Goodnight, all. I will write another entry soon! :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wouldn't think that the Body Shop would have an HG mascara! Thanks for the review! Must try now!

Unknown said...

the maybelline volume express one was my HG mascara for the longest time! i haven't tried the body shop one yet though. My current HG mascara is the clinique lash building primer + doubling mascara, have you tried it? :)

Unknown said...

Lash Building primer? I will look for that when I go to Macy's tomorrow! There was this one mascara from Clinique that I liked very much but it didn't have a primer. Did you buy it separately?