Thursday, August 8, 2013

Review: Maybelline Color Tattoo Eyeshadows

I've been wanting to try these Maybelline eyeshadows for soooooo long and finally had a chance to purchase them when CVS had a sale. Or rather, I had CVS extra bucks that I could spend ;)
These are cream eyeshadows that are true to its word because it is rather pigmented and gorgeous! And no slippage. Something I thought would just be a disaster on Asian eyes but lo and behold, it truly is waterproof-ish and a breeze to use. I'm delighted by how versatile these are too.



I picked up Too Cool and Bad to the Bronze - both incredibly gorgeous colors! 

Packaging wise, I really like it a lot. They remind me a lot of the MAC paint pots, and the weighty feel of these shadows are like gold. Glass jars? I think that looks very chic and simple. Not extravagant but definitely not cheap. 


Too Cool is a lovely opalescent pearl color. It stands out very vividly as a beautiful white base with shimmers and a rainbow of pretty silver/white gradients. 




Bad to the Bronze is a shimmery bronze color that's opaque and rich, and makes for a great neutral eyeshadow. 





The texture of these eyeshadows are a true cream. You can feel it melting on your fingertips if you press at it. I generally use a flat eyeshadow brush to apply these, like the brush that comes with the Naked palettes. After it's on, it's all about BLENDING from here on out. 

I also read in some places that Too Cool has been discontinued? I was able to spot a few at my local CVS store a few months back when I got these and I still see them on Ulta.com. 



The important part is the longevity. Does it really last 24 hours? Well, i'm not sure if it lasts a full 24 hours but i can say that it lasted a good 12 hours without budging or smudging or sliding off. I am pretty sure that if I had gone another 12 hours, it would still be fine. 




I used Too Cool all over my eyes for a eye brightening look, one that I find really easy to do albiet a bit too brightening for the office if you overdo it. The white color has an ethereal look to it and I find it very pretty and mood setting combined with dark mascara to contrast. 

Daytime 

Natural light


Here is Bad to the Bronze - another easy look 


Using it as a wash all over the lids and as a contour color by deepening it




I think these pots are just versatile and wonderful. They really do last very long and I'm very happy with the formula that Maybelline has come up with. I'm very curious to try the Armani Eyes to Kill and the MUFE ones! These are very wallet friendly and a bargain if you live by a CVS or any drugstore like Walgreens or Rite Aid. I honestly think these two colors will do me well for now, because they're elegant colors that are solid and make for a great go-to that will last all day. 

My personal favorite is Too Cool. I just find it so unique amongst all the eyeshadows that I have in my collection and it looks amazing! I love that I don't have to "work" that hard to make that shadow look nice. It simply is. 

Overall, my thoughts on this line has been very favorable. I've always loved Maybelline for its mascaras and now I can add these to the list. They're fantastic! 

What about you? Do you guys like the Maybelline Tattoo Eyeshadows compared to other potted and/or cream shadows?




34 comments:

Shari said...

Im so interested in those maybelline tattoos!

steph (fun size beauty) said...

bad to the bronze has sooo much hype! I regret getting the pomegranate one... instead of the bronze.. it's beautiful!

TracyBeautyReflections said...

Your eyes are so pretty! :)
These crease on me, even with a primer. :(( makes me so sad. Everybody loves them!

Kim A. said...

I've heard nothing but good things about them. Also there doesn't seem to be much fallout. I wear contacts so that is always a factor. Love the colors you picked. They look awesome on you.

http://www.averysweetblog.com/

Steph-G said...

Ive heard so much good reviews about these..Hi dear! thank you for the comment on my blog, I'm a new follower on GFC and bloglovinand I'd love it if you followed back :D

http://steph-g.blogspot.com/

Jacqueline Ma said...

That is a gorgeous eye look Jen. I got to play with my friend's Bad To The Bronze recently. She had to for quite a few months before she loaned it to me. It felt somewhat drier in consistency and was slightly harder to blend out. So I think you should cap it tight immediately after use to keep it creamy longer.

Janet said...

I am loving the the bronze one! so versatile and I almost use it everyday! ^_~

Rae_R said...

I use bad to the bronze daily in my makeup routine, wonderful product.

Rainy Days & Lattes said...

It's wonderful! =) I'm starting to use it daily too.

Rainy Days & Lattes said...

=) seems like a lot of people do!

Rainy Days & Lattes said...

I imagine it can dry out. Def keep it tightly sealed after :)

Rainy Days & Lattes said...

I believe I am following you already =D

Rainy Days & Lattes said...

haha same! Thanks!

Rainy Days & Lattes said...

Aw, thanks Tracy! You are so sweet. I'm so sad it doenst work well on you. But you look amazing in everything else ^_^

Rainy Days & Lattes said...

You can def pick it up if you're in store =)

Rainy Days & Lattes said...

I hope you get to try them!

jenn @Abeautifulzen said...

i love bad to the bronze (among other color tattoos. that whole range is so awesome)>

Lily said...

Very shimmery and pretty :) I like the bronze one too!

Memoiselle said...

Bad to bronze is one of my favorite shade from Color Tattoo. I love the quality of this eyeshadow and how affordable it is :)

Anna said...

I recently just picked this up in Inked in Pink!! I was looking for something that was illuminating and a bit brightening and I like that you can have so much control over it. Inked in Pink can be a be a really lovely light, shimmering soft pink and if you layer you can get a vibrant medium pink shade with a nice shimmery sheen. It's part of the metallic series I think, but it's gorgeous! I totally plan to pick up more colors!

Sharlynn said...

I have both of those shades and my Bad to the Bronze is more than half finished only after less than 6 months! I love it sooo much!

Ana said...

I love the colour tattoos xo

www.anacelinelabod.blogspot.de

Lisa Wong said...

Bad to the Bronze looks like a pretty colour.

Valentine said...

Ohhh these are lovely colours - very versatile and wearable. I'm going to look for these!

feveragnes said...

they look natural!

and good to know they are waterproof.

Say meow to me on:

Miss Aggie Kwong

Facebook:
Miss Aggie Kwong

Trisha said...

I recently bought Bad to the Bronze as well! Am pretty excited to find the opportunity to wear them.. :)

Girlie Blogger said...

Yay so glad you like them. Bad to the Bronze is my everyday eye makeup. These ColorTattoos are wonderful, and I've been advocating them for a while. So glad to see other fans.

respect_the_shoes said...

I have the worst time keeping eye makeup on - I may need to give these a try.

laura said...

I've been looking for a good white cream base and I just might to check out Too Cool! Hopefully they have it at my CVS!

Memoiselle said...

Both shades makes u looks beautiful in a different way! Too Cool looks great for day time!

Frances said...

I have the tough as taupe and I really like it! bad to the bronze look like my kind of color =)

Nancy said...

I love Color Tattoos~ I own every single shade that has been released @_@

Lolita said...

Forget the make up! Never in my life have I seen an Asian woman with such light eyes! Very exotic and beautiful. Truly one of a kind.

Rainy Days & Lattes said...

Aw, thank you! =)