Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Shiseido Color Corrector Stick and Foundation Stick

Hey everyone! How was your guys' weekend?! Mine was hectic from start to finish. I flew to visit my family and did nothing but enjoy the abundance of food left, right and center. It was a feast of many sorts and I think I'm finally recovering from food coma. It's Tuesday.

Anyway, I wanted to write a post about the wonderfulness of color correctors. Color correctors are one of the many very versatile makeup products that serve a purpose by making the skin look amazing without having to overuse the foundation or concealer. Since I've ate nothing but fried goodies and cholesterol inducing foods, I've been waking up looking like I was attacked in my sleep. With some effort, I try to put on a decent face by using the right things to even out the blotchy skintone and used these below.







Shiseido Stick Foundation Color Corrector



If you can tell, this is very heavily swatched. I just dab some of color corrector around my nose, mouth, etc. It neutralizes the redness which is amazing!

Shiseido Foundation Stick in 060


This is technically a foundation but it's a little dark for me to wear on a regular basis so I tried to use it as a  concealer and I'm glad I did! It looks really natural under my eyes and on my eyelids... it blends right in without that streaky look I sometimes get with other concealers. I like this because of how light it is, and how I get the effect of an eraser with this =p



Here's a random photo of me sporting both the color corrector and concealer. You shouldn't be able to detect I have anything on, otherwise it's a fail! =p It's a no makeup look I suppose. My eyes were still puffy but it wasn't red. Improvement in an otherwise hopeless situation.



Here's another one on a particularly bad skin day. My skin was sallow and dehydrated... yuck. I used the color corrector around my nose area, bridge of my nose, a little under the eye (it's not perfect), on my chin. The concealer was dabbed around my face to give it a little lift.

Overall, I really recommend both of these, but I definitely lean toward the color corrector more. It's such a multitasking product that I think is needed in a makeup arsenal for evening out your skin tone without the excessive use of foundation. It's so creamy to the touch (both are!) and in a convenient stick for lugging around.

And here's an eye look I did with the Loreal Forest Smokes palette. I've learned some people were big fans of the light colors and some detested the pigmentation of Loreal eyeshadows because they're too light. I also used the foundation concealer under my eyes here too.





But back to color correctors and concealers, do you guys buy your concealers a shade lighter or darker? Have you ever used foundations as concealers?

Disclaimer: All purchased by yours truly :)

26 comments:

Celina (Fables in Fashion) said...

Wow, the correctors swatch really pigmented on your hand, but look amazingly flawless on your skin :D I'm surprised I don't own a single corrector yet!

Pammy said...

I have used a stick foundation as a concealer before (from Kryolan) but found it a bit heavy to be used as a concealer especially on the under eyes. :)

Good to know that you have found a corrector and a foundation that works great for you as concealers. :)

Jen said...

I need to buy a corrector now. How long has the shisedo one been out?? D: I don't think NZ carries it.. that or I'm just blind lol. I buy my concealers.. a shade lighter but recently i bought one that was a lot darker than my foundation shade and it works AMAZINGLY. Btw.. your photo is a definite flawless look~ Looks like you're bare faced & all natural ;)

Elizabeth Chang (Skyla Arts) said...

the green one looks like a great one to have for personal use! the stick is so convenient~! great review, as always ;)

Jamilla Camel said...

Those do make quite a difference!

Petite Gorgeous said...

The sticks looked very smooth and rich. I bet they are very moisturizing. I found using foundation stick is a very tedious task in the morning :).

eji patanao said...

aww, the correctors are awesome :)btw, followed you already :)

wildandkinkyfettish.blogspot.com hope you can follow back :)

Hollie said...

Glad to know these works well with you, I really love the shade of 060. It's really hard to find yellow toned stick foundations. Awesome review.

frecklesspeckles said...

tickles my fancy.... i gotta checkout the corrector too! I wonder if they have purple corrector to cancel sallowness of the yellow skin?

Kalmo said...

Both of these products sound great, thanks for reviewing them. I've always wanted to get a color corrector since I have such severe dark circles. Glad you got to get so many yummy foods over the weekend!

Alexis the Honey B said...

Oooh! Great eyelook. Loreal always surprises me with what great quality of products they have! I would love to try those color correctors too!!!

PinkOrchids said...

Thanks for this, it looks pretty good! I've never used concealer but i'm looking for a good one, this one also looks great!! Another one to go on my list :) xX

Eden-Avalon said...

I definitely love the idea of a color corrector. I tend to have so much odd patchy redness on any given day that it's a must.

Rola said...

The only color corrector I have used is the green MUFE color corrector, the Shisedo one might be better because it is not green in color and it can be used all over. I felt the green color from the MUFE corrector on my cheeks was quite noticeable under the foundation. Not sure if I was using it incorrectly. I own many concealers, but I usually skip the concealer and used foundation as my concealer.

dani@callitbeauty said...

i've been wanting to try a peach/salmon color corrector for some time now. my dark circles definitely need them :p.

Makeup and Mutts said...

You're so pretty!!! :) Oh btw please check your email!!

breakingrumours said...

the sticks sounds like a good investment,the texture looks smooth in the swatches! :) and you look good btw,didn't notice anything XD

Bravoe Runway said...

Hmmm I have never tried color corrector but it actually looks like a product with medium coverage! I also liked your smokey eye look...I need to try it out!

Nunu said...

That colour corrector looks awesome for hiding redness. I should check out Shiseido more!

Yin said...

These look SOO handy. Just pop in handbag and go. :) I need to have a peek of these in store. Am super obsessed with shiseido.

Unknown said...

Yay to food coma haha! I'm going to a friend's potluck this weekend and I will get to eat a LOT!

By the way, the corrector is amazing dude. You can't even tell you have makeup on the first photo and you look flawless with no trace of dark circles at all! This is definitely worth the expensive price.

t said...

Those sound like great products!

http://initialed.blogspot.com

Barbara von Enger said...

I adore the eye makeup especially the concealer.
I tend to use a spot of concealer at the eyes, but only on those days when lacking in sleep, otherwise I don't. Have a nice weekend.xx

Anonymous said...

i like the corrector/concealer-it doesn't emphasize the fine lines ^^
and it looks really creammy -perfect for under eye indeed!
thanks for sharing hun, i'll look for this one ^^

Aya Smith said...

You call that bad skin?! Please never get close to mine, lol :(

Aya ♥ Strawberry Koi

Sarah S. said...

I see what you mean, looks great!