Saturday, January 29, 2011

Japanese Hair Straightening, Hadanomy Collagen Mist

A few weeks ago, I mentioned I was going to get some hair consultations for Japanese hair straightening. I went to a few and I finally did it today!! :) I've done it twice already, but it feels like a new experience every year. The Japanese hair straightening method uses chemicals and creams with a higher pH to completely re-texture the hair. The whole process involves:

1. The stylist washing your hair with a clarifying shampoo to get any hair product or residue out of your hair and scalp, following a chemical solution that straightens your hair - SMELLS SO BAD! Yuck!
2. You sit with the chemical on for about 40 mins or so before the stylist washes it off and dries your hair
3. Stylist meticulously uses a hair straightener to straighten hair in small sections. Very small sections! It took her nearly an hour and a half to straighten my entire head =p This is the signature Japanese method. The hair straightener works with the chemicals make the hair straight.
4. Stylist applies a smoothing cream that keeps the straight hair "locked"... leave on for 40 mins before washing off.
5. Blow dry and DONE! End results took about 5 hours, and my straight hair should last for 8 months to a year :) My hair now is healthier, despite the chemicals used. She snipped the ends, and ta-dah! :) Newish hair.  The only setback is that I can't shampoo my hair for 3 days!! Which means I can't go to the gym! :( 


    BEFORE:

    AFTER:

After getting my hair done five hours later, I went to buy some groceries and saw the SANA Hadanomy Collagen facial mist! Yes, another one :) A little while ago, I blogged about the Vitamin E Facial Mist (see my review here). The Hadonomy Collagen Mist has 250 mL of product, about 8.5oz! It's a BIG bottle. The Body Shop Vitamin E one has about 3.3 oz and that one is HUGE.

 Collagen is basically a protein that is found in skin tissue, ligaments and tendons. It keeps your skin's elasticity strong and supple while repairing from the inside. When you get older, you lose a lot of your natural collagen, which is why they have creams, lotions, pills and injections to make up for it.

Quick review: They claim to have 1000mg of collagen (probably in the whole bottle, not one spritz) and has a citrus-y smell. There is a little sticky residue from the collagen, but not greasy on the face one bit. The spritz thing does not emit a thin mist, but more like a spray which is kind of weird, because it feels wild on your face. LOL. Other than that, I have no complaints so far. I'm going to aim for a more thorough review in a few weeks :) The SANA Hadonomy line also has collagen lotion, cream and sheet masks to its collection :)

41 comments:

yourstrulypam said...

Wow! I would love a Japanese Hair Straightening done to me. Too bad I'm in the US with no area around here that does it. Is this staightening permanent straightening?

Isabel said...

Woah.. Your hair is originally so big! Lol I had that 'no-washing-for-3-days' thing.. As well as bad sleeping positions and no styling/tying hair for a week x.x

Irene said...

SUPER cute bottle! And your hair looks so great!!! How long does a perm like that last?

Leenda said...

Your hair looks so awesome! I have some family members who got their hair japanese permed and it looks so great! Especially when you don't have to style your hair...just wake up and go! Best feeling in the world I bet. hahaha That sana bottle looks really cute!

Maggie said...

Wow, your hair looks super duper straight! I can't believe it lasts almost to a year. :)

PinkOrchids said...

Your hair looks dead straight now!! REally nice! It'll be easier to manage i guess :) xX

l-article said...

Oh my gosh!! That is some really great straightening! Your hair looks so nice now! And haha new spray! I just discovered face mists from your blog~ This is all too new and exciting haha

Mara said...

WOW, Japanese straightening did wonders for your hair. I think it's completely worth all the money. :)

Gloria said...

:O your hair looks amazing. I've had it done 3 times through my early teens because my hair was unmanageable (wild hormones i guess?) but now that i can handle it with a flat iron, i just can't bring myself to sit in a chair for 5-6 hrs :s my tailbone hurts by the time i'm done.

blogger said...

whoa,nice hair! and the facial mist sounds a good product :)

Liana said...

omg that straightening technique sounds crazy but the results are amazing! your hair looks soo nice! and that facial mist sounds cool, i need to find a good mist for my face :)

Fashion Bag 411
Beauty Bag 411

Mindy♥ said...

wow! The before and after pics are stunning! The results are amazing, girl! <3

♥Bunny♥ said...

wow~! Your hair looks gorgeous and sooo straight and pretty!! The before and after is just crazy! But it looks like you have nice volume hair! Its gorgeous!

Kat said...

your hair looks amazing!!

katslovefashion.blogspot.com

Saving Capulet said...

oh I get my hair Japanese straightened regularly! It's highly recommendable! your hair looks fantastic!

Tracy said...

Wowwwieee!!! That's a massive transformation! I can't believe you waited this long to get it done! Enjoy your new hair. :)

aki! said...

Wow, that is a huge difference! It looks great.

Oreleona said...

kool! it looks great!! it reminds me of relaxing, except that takes shorter and the chemicals are stronger

Anonymous said...

you hair looks great straightened!! wow you have very thick hair :O I've tried chemical straightening twice - once in a HK salon and once DIY - japanese formula. The DIY formula was very effective but it killed in my hair in the end :( that was like 2 years ago tho lol.

Lisa said...

your hair looks amazing straight :)

i'm hosting a gold birdcage bangle giveaway! please come and check it out :)

www.lisalovescoco.blogspot.com

Fashion Fabrice said...

loks awesome!! And i just love the packaging haha:) Thats already a reason to buy it !

Winnie said...

Wow I've heard of people giving this a go but it's awesome seeing the before and after pictures, so effective!

SGRMSE. said...

I NEED THIS!! thanks for the write-up. gonna keep an eye out now.

Nonners said...

The hair looks great! I wanna try soooooo bad! It takes me so long to straighten my curly hair every time....! Keep us updated on how it looks month after month. That's amazing if it really lasts 8 months!

P.S. I'm tagging you in the "7 beauty characteristics post" if you haven't already done it!

Unknown said...

That's awesomeeeeee. Your hair looks silky straight! A lot of my friends from Hong Kong would do this too. The only thing I concerned was sometimes they could "over-straighten" the hair to a point where it doesnt look natural. But yours looks amazing!

Elizabeth Chang (Skyla Arts) said...

which salon did you get it done at? please do share!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous hair ! I've never tried chemically straightening. Haha, the 3 days of no washing would be a huge set back though but you'll survive, I'm sure ;-b Would love to try a japanese digital perm though !

Unknown said...

ahhhhhh if you like the sana face mist more than the Body Shop VitE one I'm gonna die >< ehehhe

Sasa.com actually sells Laniege's "famous" strawberry peel~ I haven't tried it myself tho... I'm still happily finishing up my TonyMoly one ^^ it's a very well loved product though...I heard it smells quite good.

yumiko said...

hey hun,

your hair looks super straight and pretty. I've always wanted to try, but it cost so much and maybe when I have my hair loner. The spray is quite interesting, didn't know they invented that. I can't wait for your full review. Do you know where I can buy this?

Amy said...

your hair looks amazing! :)

Unknown said...

Yumiko - You can buy it from any Japanese market. In my case, I found it at an Asian market that sells a ton of Japanese stuff :)

Elle - Don't die!! LOL I still really like the Vitamin E spray! :)

PetiteXXS said...

Wow the before and after pics look amazing! Thanks for sharing your experience. How long do the results last?

Beauty Style Addict said...

wow awesome results... i've been tempted to try this but it's not available where i live-- although i heard it's available in some areas in Toronto but thats a few hours away :(

Karen said...

Hi Jen, thanks for your comment :) Wow your hair is super sleek and gorgeous after the straightening treatment! Btw, I saw your review on the Body Shop facial mist and I might go pick one up myself.. their brand is cruelty-free and their products are superb!

Irene said...

Hey girl - I definitely LOVE the NYX Black label a lot more than the round - just because of how it feels on my lips! More moisturizing and just feels like luxury (not just the name!)

I REALLY want to try out that Collagen spray - do you love it? Have you noticed any changes after using? I can't wait for your review!!!

Unknown said...

Your hair looks so nice and sleek now! Well worth the 5 hour treatment time I think :D

Anonymous said...

Your hair transformation is incredible!! I've seen reviews on this and done a tiny bit of research on it, but I still have a question... It might sound silly, but can you still curl your hair after it's been chemically straightened? Would the curls hold? When I was like 16, I really wanted to get my hair permanently straightened because I never had time to doll myself up before class, but now I discovered ways to make my look okay without heating tools.. It would still be amazing to just wake up and have perfect hair though :)

Christine said...

your hair looks amazing <3
Yeah i love sugar scrubs too, they are yummy :)

Anonymous said...

Oh wow, your hair is super gorgeous.

mandy said...

It looks great after! :] I've personally had it done maybe 4 or 5 times? Once a year except this year because I was too lazy to even bother with my hair lol I'm going to leave it and see how unmanageable it is without it. I can't even remember how long the process took. But they'd wash my hair mutiple times and the process was very tedious =X I hated the not being able to wash my hair afterwards! If only someone told me there were things as dry shampoos a few years ago..

Please review the mist! I've been wanting to try more mists lately. :D

Unknown said...

I have naturally frizzy hair too and I tried Japanese straightening when I was in Year 8 and never look back since!!!! I don't know what will I do without Japanese Hair Straightening!!!

5 hours is painful but its definitely worth it! Your hair looks super soft too :)