Saturday, January 22, 2011

Body Shop's Vitamin E Facial Mist

 I've been using this mist for a month now and I am so in love with it! :) Other facial mists include Shu Uemura, Evian, MAC and a million other ones on the market. I haven't had the chance to try any of those yet, but I was able to try this one over the holidays with all the sales going on.

What I absolutely love about this mist is that it's hydrating and a real pick-me-up. I toss it in my work bag and gym bag and spritz it on my face throughout the day. I mist it on when I'm bored, or whenever I feel tired. The awesome spray applicator releases a very fine mist that conserves a lot of product! :) It doesn't disrupt your makeup because this mist can also be used to "set" your makeup as well. With makeup on, it makes my skin feel really hydrated, refreshed and plump when I pat on the excess gently on my face. Without makeup on, it feels moisturizing and refreshing. It doesn't make me feel greasy or anything, which is a big plus. I've tried this brand called Claudale or something... and I remember it leaving a greasy residue on my skin. Oh, and the smell of this mist is divine! It's a nice rosewater smell. So feminine, but not too sweet. It's the perfect balance of rosewater and a floral bouquet. It's just perfect. The smell can be a bit much for some, but I find it light and refreshing.

In summary, here are some of the pros and cons:

PROS
  • Hydrating, refreshing mist - a true pick-me-up
  • Spray applicator releases a very fine mist - conserves product
  • 3.3 FL OZ (100ml) - 5" high - Small enough to fit in a purse :)
  • Price may be a little steep at $16.00 per bottle, but they have sales throughout the year
  • Smells of rosewater! 
  • Vitamin E - balances and restore the skin's moisture
CONS
  • Face price 
  • Plastic bottle - Glass would be more luxe huh? :)
I can't really list any cons since I really like this product so much :p What do you all think of facial mists? Would you use them or are they a waste of time? :)

Goodnight! 

29 comments:

Penelope said...

wow, thanks for the great review! i must give this a try, it sounds great!

Maggie said...

This sounds awesome! I'm definitely going to check this out the next time I'm at The Body Shop. I hear their other Vit. E stuff are great as well. :)

Have you tried throwing it in the fridge overnight? I heard that's even more of a pick-me-up, especially on hot, sweaty days.

Anonymous said...

you're looking radiant and glowy in your last picture! I used claudie one before and it crap!! im using hadasui from shiseido and i bought 250ml for like 600yen?! dirt cheap AND it works!!! yay to face mists :)

Miss ♥ Nikka said...

I have the toner of this and it does smell good. Would love to try this since I love setting sprays. :)

Lilladylife said...

gr8 review, this is a favorite of mine too! also love the light rose scent

My-My said...

heh, i couldn't help but giggle when you said, "I mist it on when i'm bored. . ." I haven't tried this one, but with my Fix+ when its just greuling hot to do even anything, which results to boredom I just sit in front of a fan and just spritz it on for entertainment. haha.

Kelly said...

Awesome blog -- I am a new subscriber :) I def need to try this mist out -- I am obsessed with facial mists -- especially since they keep talking about it in Korean dramas haha.

Please check out my blog if you get a chance -- I am currently hosting an Urban Decay Naked Palette/Book of Shadows giveaway in case you're interested :)

lipglossloveaffair.com

<3 Kelly

Kileen said...

oh wow, i love facial mists but had no idea that the Body Shop came out with one too! i'll have to pick this up when they go on sale. thanks for the review!

Tiptoe21 said...

I love the smell of rosewater. I'm running low on my face mist, so I might just check this one out! Thanks for the review.

Anonymous said...

I'm curious to know what the ingredients are in here which makes it different from other hydrating mists ;-o In general though, I do love The Body Shop products but yes, the price can be quite a bit.

Cylia said...

lovely. I really need something like this.. my face is really needing something to soften it and hug it.

나니 said...

OHHHH... nice!
I don't really like Body Shop skincare.. except for their lotions. But oh well : D Might try this one!

l-article said...

Ah! This sounds pretty awesome! I'm already drawn in by the rosewater!! And hydration is a must! :D
You look so pretty in that picture too~

Thanks for your comment on my blog~! I just skimmed through your blog and found it pretty interesting~ So I'm following you! Nice to meet you!

Eva said...

thanks for the comment! the palette is really pretty indeed^^

I love face mists will try this next time I go to the body shop thanks for the review.

cryskay said...

great review! i've tried body shops vitamin C mist. im a beauty junkie myself so i'm definitely following you! xo

Lisa said...

hi! thanks so much for visiting me :) yay! another bay area blogger :) woot! i love make up too muhaha.

new follower here!! please come back to visit and follow me too.

www.lisalovescoco.blogspot.com

Nonners said...

I am intrigued by this product!

Angelique said...

I'll check that out next time I'm in that store. I haven't tried any face mist/sprays but I've been wanting to try some. I think my skin needs a pick me up haha

Hazel said...

i used to try a similar product before.. but i seem to always forget getting a new bottle.. :)) nice review anyway :)

Liana said...

i still have yet to try any facial mists, although i really want to! they sound interesting..i should def. try some, thanks for the review..oh and your 'i like to spray it on when i'm bored' sentence was funny :P
and thanks for your comment on my blog, you're so sweet! oh one more thing i loooove your new layout! the header is really nice, did you make it?

Coco said...

thank you for the review!
i personally use the Evian spray because i have such sensitive skin

______________________


yes ! korean brushes DO do their jobs well compared to their prices, MAC brushes are way too expensive & not affordable :(
but you can try giving Sigma a try, i heard they're almost perfect dupes to the expensive MAC ones

- Coco
ps. my give away is up!
so please go check it out ;)
would love it if you could win!

Coco said...

oh btw,
thank you for visiting my blog :))

Unknown said...

Liana: No, I didn't make the header. I wish I knew how though! :P

Donna said...

ooh i didn't even know they had a setting spray? is there a tester at the store? lol

Gizelle Faye | Vanilla Ice Cream said...

i love body shop products! i haven't tried on any of their misting sprays but just might after reading your review. :D

♥ vanilla ice cream ♥

Elisa ♥ said...

I've seen this product before but haven't tried it before =) thanks for the review!

Fruity Lashes said...

i love facial mist! i'm currently using shiseido's hadasui. but facial mist with vitamin E sounds so intriguing!

Mara said...

Oh, I haven't seen this product reviewed until now. It's very interesting. I've been eyeing some Faceshop products but was iffy. Thanks for the great review.

Unknown said...

I just ordered this - thanks to u (again -____-). I'm not usually intrigued my face mists but now I must have it ahhhhh