Saturday, November 20, 2010

Bare Escentuals Lipglosses, Estee Lauder and Laura Geller

I have been obsessed with lip glosses lately. I'm flashing back to my very first Bonne Bell and Smackers lip glosses... haha. My favorite one used to be Smackers Celestial Strawberry :) I was 15 at the time.

Now, I am obsessing over "adult" lip glosses, which is funny because I've seen 10 year olds with iPhones and Blackberrys =p So the word 'adult' is kind of blurred between shades of gray.

Anyway, Bare Escentuals lipglosses are great :) On my lips, they feel highly moisturizing and soft. The color range is spectacular.

Here is the shade "Cupcake" It's described as a rosy pink.

This is the shade "Cranberry Sorbet". It's a limited edition color so you can't find it at their website anymore.
I really like it.. it's a nice berry color :)

Their lip glosses are great. I was really skeptical because I was not a big fan of their Buxom line. It burned my lips!! Yikes. But their regular glosses are really nice. The feel of them on your lip is nice. It has a light sweet smell... like vanilla bean or coco. It's a little on the stickier side but it lasts much longer than non-sticky glosses. It pairs well under lip balm or by itself :) 

 
Cranberry Sorbet (LE), Cupcake :)

I also like the lip brush too. It's so precise! I used to hate them because I was so used to the other ones, but I'm really liking this. It's thin enough so you can build your lips without messing up and wasting precious gloss...haha :) I bought them both from Ebay!

Another one that I've been LOVING is the Estee Lauder Pure Color in Candy :)

(photo from Esteelauder.com)


I like how the lipstick has light reflectors to create that candy colored lip. It's a gorgeous shade. I think it was a GWP not too long ago? I really love the color. The lipstick doesn't feel thick or lipsticky at all. It has a really nice smell, and is light in terms of texture. Because of that, it's not the most moisturizing lipstick. Balm it!

Oooh and a new gloss that I acquired recently is the Laura Geller City Lights lip gloss! It's a clear sparkly topper gloss that works as a highlight for your lips... to give it that sparkle factor :) I topped off City Lights with the Estee Lauder lipstick to see how it'll look.

Now it looks sparkly like a lip gloss which means I can do this with any matte lipstick I have =p It's a revelation for me.

Sorry for the bad quality of the pictures. The swatches were all done with a camera phone. I guess you can buy any clear sparkly gloss to top off your lipstick but this one has major staying power. It also has a nice lip brush for super precision. This sparkly gloss is like the best thing's that happened to me in the lip dept! :)

Alrighty ladies, I hope you are having a fantastic weekend. I'll to you all soon. And as always, thank you for all your sweet comments in my last entry. I had a great birthday! :)

25 comments:

Unknown said...

The Estee Lauder is so pretty! It looks exquisite on your lips :D

Angie | Pandaphilia.com said...

you have such pretty lips! i have no idea how to wear lipgloss properly because my hair goes flying in the wind and it sticks straight to my lips :( that's why i usually run around with cracked bare smoochers xD hehehe

Miss ♥ Nikka said...

The Bare Minerals lipglosses are pretty! But I really just a lip balm girl. :)

Yen said...

Pretty colors! They look good on you. I love the Estee Lauder more though. So luscious! :)

Anonymous said...

all the shades you've picked suits you really well - they have a fresh kinda of colour-tone about it!

PetiteXXS said...

You have such nice lips! Do you have any lip care tips (exfoliation and what not) that you can share? I have such bad chapping/peeling lips that no lipstick or lipgloss looks good on, and I have no idea what to do to make it better.

Gloria said...

I really like all the glosses you reviewed. They The Bare Escentuals ones look surprisingly pigmented and the colour looks like they would flatter most skin tones.

The Laura Geller one looks like a fun lipgloss too. Whether to add a little extra bling to evening makeup or for something special and different for a natural look, ah I want!

PinkOrchids said...

The glosses looks gorgeous on you! I agree with angie, you have beautiful lips! I never tried bare essentual make-up before, but it looks promising =) Great review! xX

♥Bunny♥ said...

I love the packaging of the Estee Lauder lipstick! And ofcause the color too! I love pink so this is perfect! i love it!

Penelope said...

I love the look of cupcake, so rosy and pretty!

Saving Capulet said...

oh the shades are super pretty! <3i really like the cranberry sorbet <3

Candice said...

I'm not too impressed with the Buxom line either..they always got so sticky after awhile! I love that Estee Lauder color; it looks so great on you too! :)

Mara said...

The 1st two lip glosses pictured are beautiful shades....I really like them. You have really nice soft lips....my are always chapped. :(

Mindy♥ said...

Ooohh!! Loving all the colors! I'm digging the color called cupcake! :)

MINAKICHU said...

Hey, you have such pretty lips too! I love that Cupcake shade, i could just imagine how good it looks in person. Thanks for visiting btw :-)

SiSi Sparkles said...

That Estee Lauder one looks gorgeous on you! :D

http://www.sisisparkles.blogspot.com

Pammy said...

Those lippies look pretty and look prettier on your lips. :)

Toni Tralala said...

Those shades look great on you! I would personally like to try the "Cranberry" one. :)

Unknown said...

The candy colored one is great. I like how it reflects the light. :-)

my favorite pink said...

Hi, all the shades look great on you! =)

-M

WANDER SHUGAH said...

i love this not too pink hues! :) very feminine! <3



Taradiddles of Style on a Budget

Sarah said...

The first color is really pretty!

Unknown said...

love that estee lauder stick! what a pretty color <3

xoxo

Kileen said...

oh i've never tried lipglosses from Bare Escentuals but these pictures look great! i might just have to give them a shot!

cuteandlittle.com

Anonymous said...

Great colour choices! I like Cranberry Sorbet and your lipsticks! :D

xx The Little Dust Princess