Sunday, April 11, 2010

Mall goodies

I haven't been to the mall for a long time. I'm not too fond of going to malls on weekends simply because I want to avoid crazy teeny bopper children and crowds. Actually, I'm too fond of going to the mall, period. I feel as if the stuff can be crazily overpriced. I know, I know... latest trends. But the price tag! Eek. I don't think I'm ready to buy anything unless it's something I truly cannot live without! =P

I went this evening, with the crowds and all... and tried to just window shop. I walked into my F21 store and I ended up taking a lot of things but walking out with only 2 items! I love F21 so much... they always have the right styles @ the right prices! I feel they are good quality as well, and their clearances make me wildly frazzled.
Well, I didn't want to pick up more clothing today since I kind of splurged on dresses recently. A lot of dresses. God, I love dresses!

I got these @ F21:


A baby pink nail polish and an eyeshadow palette. These are not the typical things I usually buy @ F21 stores at all, but they were hard to resist! I saw a lip gloss set that mimics MAC's lip glasses exactly.They recently launched their makeup line, Love & Beauty, so I thought it might be worth trying. As long as you properly wash your face before bed, and don't ingest the product, it should be okay to wear. I say this because of all the funny ingredients in the shadows. But i think even the most expensive eyeshadows contain some of these. What do you guys think of "natural" or organic makeup? Honestly, I just prefer to eat organic foods over wearing organic makeup. I tried this one conditioner once that was all organic but it did nothing for my hair. It just felt like I poured some blended watery fruits into my hair just to wash it off! Food, however, is more important to me than makeup. I'm not a stickler on that either but i try to eat as organically as I can, especially with fruits like apples and pears since I have it with the skin on. I feel that too natural ingredients don't work well with skin. Of course, they reap its own benefit for being natural so your skin doesn't feel as if there are foreign things trying to attack its normal skin course. But... don't we use special cleansers, moisturizers and serums because we don't want nature to take its course on our skin? We use firming creams, and anti wrinkle creams to slow down the process of skin changes due to aging and UV damage? 

Gosh, I really trailed onto something else. Back to mall goodies! =P Here is the eye shadow swatch!


Pretty? I really like the blue but I'm not sure it will be really good for my skin tone. We'll see! I'm going to be using it tomorrow :) I like how they are soft colors. I just had to swipe the top coating off the palette because it was some sparkly mess but the colors are quite dense and they have a lot of power to them.  

Clinique was having their GWP again so of course I caved and bought something! I've been wanting to try their foundations for awhile and I finally got around to trying it! I bought the Clinique Even Better foundation in 02 Fair. It's a very close match to my skin color. I thought I'd be a little darker but for some reason, this matches me more than the medium colors. I tried it on @ the counter and it looked so nice! I never really had "even" skin before so wearing this kind of completed my look! I wasn't all blotchy anymore. It's also a very creamy formula, which is a plus for me. I hate foundations that make you look all pore-ish and streaky.


Here is the GWP!



Check out the mascara! It's a lengthening one. It's the thinnest wand I have ever seen!! =P

I can't wait to try the Even Better day moisturizer (the one in a jar). I want even skin so desperately! LOL.

Here is the rest of the things I picked up:



I was @ Victoria's Secret and I ended up buying the lip gloss shine stick. I had no intentions of buying VS makeup, especially lip products because they always have those printable coupons to get a lip thing. But I tested the Melon Out lippie and I fell in love. I have never found a match THIS incredible. It has a peach colored base with pink tones. It's a gorgeous shade. I will swatch it again when I use it! It was $7.50. 

Not going to the mall anytime soon! My willpower sucks. BAD.
Have a happy Sunday! =D

15 comments:

Miss ♥ Nikka said...

Great haul hun! I got the same GWP at Macy's for Clinique! I just lvoe GWP! That mascara wand is the weirdest thing Ive seen..havent tried it yet but Im so in love with the Clinique even better moisturizer, and glad it came in such generous sample tub. :]

Lulu said...

Hi dear, thanks so much for visiting my blog and entering the giveaway :) I also love GWP! hehehe. Glad to find your blog, I am going to follow you. and yay for another bay area blogger! <3

Anonymous said...

Wow, the GWP looks amazing, so many fun things! The purple from the F21 palette looks really nice. Looking forward to seeing your swatches and FOTD!

Irene said...

Happy Sunday to you too dear - it looks like the haul went well! I LOVE clinique's GWP! :) I have always wanted to try out F21's makeup line "love & beauty" - the colors & packaging are so attractive!

MissS.elle said...

<333 the haul! I love clinique product! Especially their almost makeup foundation ;D

serenadeveryday said...

OH I hate going to the mall on weekends too. I'm just like you "I want to avoid crazy teeny bopper children and crowds". I can't stand how crowded malls can get. Valley Fair gets really crowded on weekends and I get SO annoyed. =X

I totally agree with you on the organic thing. I usually try to eat organic as much as possible but sometimes it can be harder than it seems. I also tried using organic products such as shampoos, conditioners and skincare products, but they don't work as well as. The shampoo and conditioner ended up making my hair feel oily and it made my hair flat. I even tried the volumizing ones and it didn't work. Skincare I try to try away from parabens and all that yucky stuff but it's still hard to find ones that are effective. =/ - My little response to your tangent. {*hehe}

I made my first clinique purchase just for the GWP too!! So far I'm liking the lotion I bought. I haven't opened the products in the GWP yet but I'm really excited to use the Even Better day moisturize too.


<3 Serena.

Leenda said...

I agree with the whole organic food/makeup thing. I'd eat organic food, but I'm not a huge fan of organic makeup/body stuff. Nice haul! Looks like forever 21 has some nice eyeshadows. The Clinique gift looks awesome too! I have no willpower either when it comes to shopping. lol

Unknown said...

<3
Can you do a review on the foundation? I've been curious about their foundations and I also like "creamy" foundations!

I was tempted by their gifts too...xDD

I agree that organic food is more important than skincare, but the way I see it while we are young we should use organic skincare, that way by the time we get old, we'll be more receptive to the antiaging chemicals, and hopefully it'll mean that in our lifetime we have pumped less chemicals in our bodies. Or this is what I have mused, anyhow.

Amanda said...

I caved at went to the mall this weekend, too...yours looks like it was well worth it though! GWP are the best!
The F21 eyeshadows remind me of a rainbow, very fun. Personally, I think organic/natural foundation is sometimes better but only because it causes me to break out less. But for eyeshadows, who cares :)

Miss ♥ Nikka said...

Heyah girl! Btw, I gave you an award on my blog..:]

Gizelle Faye | Vanilla Ice Cream said...

hey, thanks for dropping by my blog!
and thanks for the well wishes on the feature..i actually did already get picked..hehehe.

i've been wanting to get clinique stuff as well..maybe one of these days.

♥ vanilla ice cream ♥

Dane said...

Wow I love that color palette, and clinique is the best!



www.trustme-itsparadise.blogspot.com
www.renegadelovers.com

Lilladylife said...

they call that a mascara wand??? its so thin!

Jean said...

I'm just like you I always end up buying something when I see Clinique having some neat GWP stuff. They always include so much stuff and I dabble in them for years! I didn't see these adorable flower makeup bag GWP...darn!

ღ Caroline♔ said...

Wow that's a really good GWP you got there from Clinique! I think you really got a lot of bang for your buck! i just can't get over how super CUTE that floral makeup bag is!! <3 haha you're not alone on the willpower thing...I don't think any of us can hold of compulsively purchasing eye-catching, pretty, girly cosmetic & skincare goods! lol xD

♥ caroline

p.s. Oh yeah, np for the review! I'm glad you were able to find it somewhat useful! haha You can actually purchase it from Sasa, too! Usually Imomoko sells it cheaper at $35.99, while Sasa sells it for $45.20, but right now Sasa is having a promo & selling the Vitacreme for only $33.90!